Thursday, July 22, 2010

First Post. Babysitting.

Hello people. So this is my first blog post.. I honestly have no idea what else I will be posting on here, I made this for fun, and to just write all the random crap in my life. So first off, I got my first summer job! Babysitting my old neighbor's grandson. I've known him since he was about 2 years old. His name's Colin. He was just a sweet kid, upon meeting everyone he'd let them hold him. His dad graduated from Harvard... Law I think. Mom graduated from UC Berkeley, Business Major. So you can imagine how spoiled he is. His grandma is just like my godmother. She has been so nice and kind to me, caring for me like i'm her own daughter. But sadly, her own daughter (aka Colin's mom) doesn't seem to appreciate that. When Colin's grandmother tripped at the airport, my mom took her to the emergency room and called Colin's mom, she thought Colin's grandmother was just pretending. My mom told me what happened and I was just so angry that I just wanted to call her and tell her off. For the two months Colin's staying here, his mom's not paying 1 single penny for anything. Colin's grandmother sent him to tutor, karate, and swimming. All using money from her retirement account. Not only that, Colin's grandmother takes care of him for 2 years in New York already and Colin's parents treat her like nothing at their house. I just realized this post has just became a rant. But isn't this what it's suppose to be? Letting me write whatever I want, giving no crap for whoever's going to read this? I should get back on track. So today, my 5th day tutoring Colin at my house... He's still a brat, but just like any other 7 year old, he just couldn't keep his butt on the chair. Everyday, I would have to drag him to the chair, only to find him running off when i turn around for just one second. He would hide behind the couch, and I'd go and drag him across the floor to the chair. Literally. He's getting better at staying in his chair each day though.. But he won't stop talking, and he's just saying things he learned from his mom. He'd say things like "you're a pain in the butt". Which I presume his mom said that.. He would say words like dignity and has no idea whatsoever what the meaning of the word is. I honestly don't know what I can do to make him a better kid if his parents won't do anything. I'm getting paid $100 tomorrow for tutoring him this week but somehow i feel like I haven't done enough to help him besides making sure he did all his homework right. Sigh. This is a depressing post.

Live. Listen. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment